FINDING YOUR VOICE
Odell Library Summer Reading Program
- This year we will have a Summer Reading Program from Monday, June 5th to Wednesday, July 12th
- Reading Logs* will be given to the kids starting on June 5th – our first activity day
- Programs will be at the library except for our field trip on Monday, July 10th to Humiston Woods
- Registration begins Tuesday, May 30th or you can register & join us throughout the program.
- Parents please come in to register your children who are entering 1st – 4th grades. Kids entering 5th and up can self-register. No unattended pre-schoolers please. Questions? Give us a call at 815-998-2012.
Please note any food, animal or other allergies on the enrollment form.
Monday, June 5th 1:30–3:00 Kids come for the first day of Summer Reading – Receive reading
logs & field trip info. Check out books. We will set up the robotic mouse and do some coding and
make drawing and sticker collages in the program room.
Wednesday, June 7th 1:30-3:00 How will you express yourself? Join variety artist Dan Gogh as we wander down the path of artistic creativity. You’ll discover magic, puppets, storytelling, and more!
You’re sure to “Find Your Art” and have a-MAZE-ing FUN along the way!
Monday, June 12th 1:30–3:00 APRIL’S BRICKYARD – fun make and take Lego project with our
friend April Fisher
Wednesday, June 14th 1:30–2:30 FOAM PARTY with M&K Parties – we will be outside in the
grass behind the library so wear clothes and shoes that can get wet
Monday, June 19th 1:30-3:00 – Debbie Ruff from the Farm Bureau will come to present
READING IS TOAD-ALLY COOL Learn about frogs and toads
Wednesday, June 21st 1:30–3:00 – Silly Putty fun & building with spaghetti and marshmallows
Monday, June 26th 1:30 to 3:00 – Coal Black Exotics will bring some reptiles to the library for
you to learn about, snakes, tortoises, turtles and lizards
Wednesday, June 28nd 1:30 to 3:00 – Master Gardeners will be here to talk about Backyard Birds
Friday, July 7th – 1:30 to 3:00 – Fun w/paper and origami & decorate journals for the Field Trip
Monday, July 10th – 10:00 to 3:30 – FIELD TRIP to visit Humiston Woods Nature Center.
The bus leaves at 10:00 AM from the library – we will provide lunch for those coming. We plan
to get back to the Library about 3:30. Parents can also drive if the bus is full – sign ups required in advance for this day.
Wednesday, July 12th – 1:30 – 3:00 – We will create a mural about our trip to Humiston Woods.
at the library. Last day, turn in reading logs for prizes.
*Reading logs – For younger readers – track the number of books read each week
Older readers – please track hours read each week. Parents, please initial the reading logs
Our Summer Reading program is partially funded by the State of Illinois Per Capita Grant and donations